Old 07-13-2015, 11:38 PM

Default Romanian language-introduction

There definitely is a lack of information about this beautiful language, as no one ever posts any information connected to it. Romanian language is the official language of the country where I was born (Moldova), that is why I will take the bravery to be the first one to introduce you into the history and basements of Romanian language.
Romanian ( limba română [ˈlimba roˈmɨnə] is spoken by around 24 million people as a native language, first of all in Romania and Moldova, but also by 4 million people as a second language. It is one of the official languages of the European Union, the Latin Union, and of the autonomous Mount Athos in Greece.
Romanian is a part of the Balkan-Romance group that evolved from several dialects of Vulgar Latin separated from the Western Romance during the 5th-8th centuries.
Let me now introduce you into the Romanian vocabulary, beginning with numbers and days of the week:
Numbers
1 - unu, 2 - doi, 3-trei, 4 - patru, 5 - cinci, 6 - șase, 7 - șapte, 8 - opt, 9 - nouă, 10 - zece, 11 -unsprezece, 12 - doisprezece, 13 - treisprezece, 14 - paisprezece, 15 - cincisprezece, 16 - șaisprezece, 17 - șaptesprezece, 18- optsprezece, 19 – nouăsprezece, 20 – douăzeci, 21 – douăzeci și unu... 30 – treizeci, 40 – patruzeci, 50 – cincizeci, 60 - șaizeci, 70 - șaptezeci, 80 – optzeci, 90 – nouăzeci, 100 – o sută.
Days of the week
Luni (Monday), marți (Tuesday), miercuri (Wednesday), joi (Thursday), vineri (Friday), sâmbătă (Saturday), duminică (Sunday).